Apparently, it's a big celebration here in Oxford. I didn't know about it until Friday, when our warden comes up to me and says, "Hey, there's a may day celebration on Tuesday, are you going to go? And if you do, then could you lead a group of people from the commonwealth house to the event? Oh, and you'll have to leave for the Magdelen bridge at FIVE IN THE MORNING to get a good spot." No big deal right? I already get up at 7 to make breakfast, so what's two-and-a-half hours earlier?
I pretty much said no on the spot. Who wants to wake up at 4:30am -EVER- and I don't like feeling pressured to do things until I can step away and think about it. So, I stepped away from it, thinking that I don't want to do it, besides, who would make breakfast?
But after much contemplation, realizing that I'm in Oxford and will probably never in my life be here again, and if there's a FREE event I know about, and I DO have the time to make it work...
SIGH, I think that means I'm doing it...
So I talked to Dion, who is the other girl who helps me make breakfast, and she agreed to make breakfast tomorrow morning instead of taking it off, and I'd let her have Friday morning off for compensation (I still don't see why this should go her way, she's not doing ME any favors by getting me off the hook to go to this event! She's so sneaky! Haha). I can only get so mad, because this could be one of the most exciting things of the year! There's going to be the Magdelen college choir, singing at six o'clock to start off the event, and there's supposed to be traditional folk dancing... Maybe free caffeine (I can dream, can't I?). I hope to be there awake, alert, and armed with a camera so I can capture the moment.
The nice thing is I really could go back to sleep after all is said and done, if I really wanted to. I don't think that'd be the best way to start off the new month, but I have that option, where as most people don't. So, when all is said and done, the moral of the story is that NEVER, under any circumstances, for any reason, by any method, if at all possible, without exception, should anyone, by whatever means necessary, under any circumstances, do, whatsoever, for any reason, if at all possible, if unavoidable.... Yeah, I don't know. Haha! :-)
Have a wonderful May Day, Everybody!
-E
- Posted with the help of my iPad!
Location:Pembroke St,Oxford,United Kingdom
No comments:
Post a Comment