It has been so rainy and gloomy here in Fredericksburg, I thought November had moved in and not October! But today, the sun is out, and it's a few degrees away from 70. Very blessed to have a nice windy, sunny day! Sounds like England is having unusually warm weather. Nate said that the past few days have broken 200-year old records for warmest days in England- somebody forgot to turn down the thermostat! Nate's been enjoying himself, learning to play rugby, teaching others how to play football, punting down the river, getting to hear John Lennox lecture!, and finding mennonite books in the Oxford Library... what a busy boy! And a very accurate description it is. Sounds like from 8am to 10pm his mind is constantly being fed information. I think this pleases him greatly. And that pleases me to hear him being stimulated. Sounds like RZIM is serious about getting information into those students' heads!
While Nate is busy learning, I've had to find someway to get through the days. As tempting as reading non-stop sounds, I know that I should do more productive things while waiting for jobs to arise. I've applied to... maybe seven different places with no word on the outcome. From what I have heard, things are not looking to bright on some job prospects. I decided that in the meantime, I need to be productive with my time. I created a schedule for myself so that I have things "to do" and will make the day go faster. I've only been on it for two days. I'm on my "lunch" break right now after my exercise block. I have a cleaning block, a craft block, a piano practice block, and a few others so my day is action-packed! This could be a good thing. Let's hope I can keep it up!
That is all I have to say, but I will leave you all a picture from when Mom and I dropped Nate off at the airport:
-Erin
No comments:
Post a Comment