Wednesday, September 28, 2011

75 days to go...

Nate's been gone since Friday.  Things haven't been too bad.  I really feel like he should be the one blogging and not me, though.  I'm not the exciting one.  I'm the one counting down the days, and he's the one who's living in OXFORD.  But since he's the one who actually has a life, it's up to me to fill in the gaps of what's been going on. So here goes!


My mother and I drove Nate up to Dulles and dropped Nate off.  I wasn't sad enough or upset enough to not be able to drive home, so I did.  We ran into lots of traffic, but we weren't in a rush to get anywhere, so we just tried to play it safe and get home safely.  Nate sent me an email at six o' clock in the morning, which was... eleven o' clock there, and he crashed for four hours.  He didn't get much sleep and he walked a couple blocks with a suitcase, a hiking back-pack, a forty-eight pound bike box, and a regular back-pack.  I think he had the right to be a little worn out!  There's a five-hour difference between us, which is weird for me to think about.  Right now, it's 10:30 in the morning here, and it's 3:30 in the afternoon over there.  His day's almost over!  Mine's just beginning!  He's so far away!  
Anyways, he's been meeting his fellow scholars, and I think it's been very encouraging for him.  He attended three church services at St. Ebbe's on Sunday.  Sounds like they have a large young adult group over there, which is very surprising, but I think we'll be blessed by having a group of young believers in the area we're living in.  Today, I think, is his first day of classes, or it's the day he gets his class assignments...?  I'm not sure.  He said he had to report to the RZIM building at nine o' clock this morning.  He didn't know why for sure.
I've been getting all my information from him by Skype.  If you have a webcam, you can download skype and talk computer-to-computer for free.  So every evening, he's been calling and we chat for a bit, and then I send him off to bed, because while it's only six o'clock here, it's... can you figure it out?  Well, if you'd rather me tell you, it's eleven o'clock there.  And he doesn't need to be up that late when he's been running around all day.  So our conversations are pretty brief.  Especially when my side only consists of applying for jobs and waiting to hear back.  
But actually today and tomorrow are pretty exciting for me.  I'm going to Harrisonburg tonight so I can go to Bible Study with the DMC young adults and then tomorrow I'm helping Brethren Woods with their outdoor school.  I have a few errands to run in town and then I can come back home.  Dayton Days are also this weekend, but I haven't decided what my plans are.  Aimee and Jamie are letting me stay with them tonight, so that'll be good time with them as well.
It would be good for me to find a job of some sort.  Sitting around all day puts me in a damper of a mood.  If I can't find a job soon, I'll probably do some traveling.  It would be good to go and see people and help out in whatever way I can. Look for me in a town near you! Be ready to give me chores to keep me busy!  Will work for room and board! -Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment