Forty-six days until Nate comes home!
So I've been quite truant since I last wrote. Very unintentional. I needed to upload pictures, but I was slow to do so. I was also thinking that I would take more pictures this past weekend so I thought I'd wait until after that, but that was just procrastination. So here is what's new:
Still no job. After applying to a few more places, I decided that maybe this is the time for me to just get used to being useful on the home-front. Become a Becky-home-ecky of sorts. I decided to break things into blocks, a breakfast block, a bible-reading block, an exercising block, et cetera, et cetera... So I clean some part of my parent's house, and I cook for them when they put a recipe in front of me. I also have a craft block where I do something CRAFTY. My latest project has been this:
It may not look like anything, but it is actually half of an afghan. No, not a "native or national of Afghanistan, or a person of Afghan descent" but a "woolen blanket (or shawl), typically one knitted or crocheted in strips or squares (Thanks, Dictionary!)." Pretty easy to make once you get the pattern for the granny square. So that is my fun craft.
So last weekend and two weekends before that, I went over to "Wild and Wonderful" West Virginia, to see my in-laws. I have very wonderful, supportive in-laws. If you don't have in-laws, or you don't like your in-laws, I am very sad for you. I watched this tv show on A&E called "Monster-in-laws" the other night... You should be thankful your in-laws are not that bad! So anyways, I went because Nate's younger brother, Abe, his girlfriend, Rebecca, and long-time friend, Jesse, were in town and I knew that would be a good distraction for the weekend. It was! We went to this place called "Ram's Horn" and it's the third time I've been up there, but the first time I've actually seen a view! If only I had pictures from the first two times I was up there, what a contrast! So here are some pictures for your enjoyment:
This is before we left, Jesse was going to take his bike, but then he couldn't get it started...
So we all piled into the truck. Then we told Jesse he needed to keep the branches from scratching up the truck, so we stuck him in the back. He was being very silly.
After driving on trails for a few miles, we found a pleasant parking space in the middle of nowhere. Rebecca feels this is the perfect pose to strike before arriving at our final destination. Hahaha.
Jesse is checking for a cell phone signal. You actually can't get one in Pocahontas county, but we're out of the valley enough that he did get a bar. Not strong enough to send a text, though.
Found my Christmas tree!
We came right before the peak of fall, but you can see that there is an abundance of evergreens as well.
We made it!
That white thing in the center of the picture is the Green Bank Telescope. It looks quite small in the grand scheme of things...
My attempt at artistic beauty
Another artistic attempt...
Yes well, you just can't grasp the full beauty and splendor of things until you visit yourself.
Very lovely time, and I wish Nate could've been there to enjoy my "birthday present" with me. All in all, I was glad I went. Came home Tuesday, after helping out with outdoor school at Brethren Woods. Lots of fun running around with those little ankle-biters! Two weeks later, Ben comes home, bringing his girlfriend, Shannon, and his room mate, Steven. I decide I will come along and "supervise" haha. Abe decides he will come along, too, and bring Rebecca along. Good times all around. Very happy to be there. Nate's parents are still trying to get internet at their house, it's been three weeks since the first attempt. Hopefully they will get it soon. Everyone's keeping busy. Nate is in and out of classes all day. He's really enjoying himself. Very good, indeed.
-Erin




No comments:
Post a Comment