Saturday, December 15, 2012

Baby Announcement!

I am so excited to let you know that we are the proud parents of Madelyn Marie Rittenhouse!  What a joy she has brought to our lives!  It's been a roller coaster experience, of oohs and aahs, and boo-hoos, but mostly awwws!  Overall, the whole birthing experience was hard, but so worth it!  So here are some pictures from the past month- a month has already gone by!  It's crazy how quickly time passes when you're sleep-deprived! Haha!

This is after the whole birthing experience.  Laying on the bed, admiring the little girl.

She looks so tiny in Nate's hands!

She weighed only 6lbs at birth, but she was a long one! 19-and-a-half inches!

When Nate first saw her, he said she looked like a skinned rabbit, because there was hardly any fat on her!

Here's Madelyn and her Nan!  That was such a blessing to have her stay a week and help out.

She's the perfect cuddle-buddy!


One of her moments of happiness!

It's been so much fun seeing her interact with her Papa!

She looks like she's contemplating something.  Sorry, no beard to stroke for you !

She may look like she's howling, but this is actually a yawn.  Look how big her mouth can open up!

Typical Madelyn pose: Hands out of the blanket, feet kicked out of the blanket as well!

Reading theology puts Madelyn to sleep...

Madelyn enjoying some "tummy time!"  She's finally chunking up!

Look at those chubby cheeks!

 And just for comparison: one picture after her birth, and the other is her at one month!


She's gone from being a skinned rabbit to a chubby bunny!  She's growing up so fast!  

I have to say that I'm getting excited to see what's next!  Though times with her have been challenging at times, I wouldn't trade them for anything.  What a blessing to have her in our family!

-E

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! What a fun post, Erin! I have been checking this little blog for the past month for pictures, and they have finally arrived. She looks like a keeper! Thanks for sharing :)
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWWWWWW!! She is so adorable and such a cutie-pie! Major Madelyn love from Birmingham UK! I can't wait for her to meet her Auntie Celina.

    Miss you guys xx

    ReplyDelete