Okay! I finally remembered to post some pictures on here! This is just a small glimpse into our lives here in Texas. It is by no means, all-inclusive, all-encompassing, or even that accurate a depiction of what's been going on here, but it's the few pictures I've taken since we have been here. You'd be here FOREVER if I put up every single one. This is just a taste-test of the past three months (not counting this month, because, technically it's still in the beginning, and the REAL excitement hasn't even begun yet!). Hopefully this will fill in some of the gaps where I was too lazy to post, and give you an idea of shenanigans we're getting into. So let's go!
 |
| If this isn't obvious enough, this is when we went down to see the Dead Sea Scrolls. Like I said in a previous entry, really cool experience, and I was glad we did it! |
 |
| This is when we went to Fort Worth with some of the people from the OCCA program who are now living in Texas! We saw this sign as we were walking along, and Nate said, "Hey! I've been there!" So we have, so we have. |
 |
| Somebody left their cowboy equipment laying around. Nate and Jon Martinez were just making sure it didn't fit. |
 |
| This is just a good picture of my baby belly. Back in my skinny days... We were walking through the Fort Worth Stockyards, which are not stockyards anymore, but a shopping area. This guy was pretty goofy, and he wouldn't talk to me. |
 |
| Nathan running around in the sheep/pig pens! |
 |
| This is one of the ladies who lives in Swiss Towers with us. Her name is Jamie, and that is her two-year-old daughter, Zooey. She also has a son, Mack, and a husband, Ward. Jamie is in my bible study group at DTS. |
 |
| She was so nice and took me to the Dallas Arboretum! They have a very cool exhibit going on there, called the Chihuly exhibit. We had a great time, even if Zooey doesn't look happy! |
 |
| This is me on one of my baking kicks! I made two pies to take to a cook out with Church people. Trust me, they look better in this picture than after I baked them! But everyone agreed, they were tasty!! |
 |
| Nate doing his part to help me clean up the apple peeling mess! |
 |
| This is one of the nearby parks. It was a lovely Sunday afternoon, and the weather was actually pleasant for October in Texas. This picture kind of makes me giggle, because it looks kind of like an engagement photo, except for the fact that I've got a baby belly! Haha! |
 |
| This is when Kristin and Mom came down for Columbus day weekend. Kristin made these little outfits for the baby! They are too cute! |
 |
| And Mom made this baby quilt! Isn't it adorable? Maybe the baby won't live on a farm right away, but she can lay on one! |
 |
| Mom and Kristin took us registry shopping. This is us as future parents, looking at things to buy for our future baby. The future does not look good for this baby! |
 |
| The next day, we went to the Dallas World Aquarium! I know what you're thinkng, you're thinking, "Where's the fish!? Where's the water?" You just wait! |
 |
| Here they are! It was a pretty cool set up, with tropical birds, even a jaguar lives at the aquarium! |
 |
| Deciding on where to go next...! |
 |
| Kristin reliving her childhood through toys! |
 |
| The man of my dreams??? |
 |
| Moving the furniture in our living room/dining room to accommodate a free couch! |
 |
| A little later on in October, we went with a couple from our Birthing class to the Texas State Fair. Normally, you take a picture with Big Tex, the mascot of the State Fair, but the night before we went, he burned down! So we took a picture in front of this Log House, instead! |
 |
| This is the couple, Ross and Sarah! Nate and Sarah eating the obligatory "Corny" Dog at the fair. |
 |
| Another thing you have to do when you go to the fair, ride the Ferris Wheel. The largest Ferris Wheel on the Western Hemisphere, to be exact! |
 |
| Sarah looks like she's enjoying herself on the Ferris Wheel, but she's just like me, and terrified of the Ferris Wheel experience. It was slightly terrifying. The guys were joking about pre-term labor as a result of all the stress we were experiencing being up so high! We had a good time overall! |
 |
| And here is a picture of me a month before the due date! Not much longer now! |
Exciting! I enjoyed the pics! I like the "engagement photo". haha!
ReplyDelete